If you aspire to pursue any of the following courses like Medicine, Engineering, Forestry, Agriculture, Veterinary Science, and Ayurveda as your Undergrad course of study, the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Examination in india opens up avenues for you regarding the same.
Here is all you would need to know about the exam in case you wish to pursue it.
This exam offers admission to candidates who wish to pursue their graduation in Engineering, MBBS, Forestry, Agriculture, B.V.Sc & AH, Homeopathy, and Ayurveda. The exam is conducted in the 3rd week of June. The 16 colleges affiliated to this examination board have several seats open for admissions. You can attempt the exam for the stream you wish for according to your subject choice in your class 12th board examination.
- SRI VENKATESWARA UNIVERSITY
- MEWAR UNIVERSITY
- SINGHANIA UNIVERSITY
- VIT-AP UNIVERSITY
- ARUNODAYA UNIVERSITY
Career counseling in India
- IMTS INSTITUTE ( NOIDA )
The registration for the JCECE commences from the last week of April. The forms are made available on the official website at jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in.
The application can be made only in the online mode, with the application fee also being paid online. The payment of Rs. 900/- for General and BC- I & II and of Rs. Four hundred fifty for SC/ST and female candidates can be paid via net transfer or debit or credit cards. The deadline for the forms to be submitted is generally the 3rd-4th week of May.
Once you have successfully registered, you will be issued an Admit Card by the 1st week of June, which you will be required to carry with you to the examination.
Keep in mind the following to gauge whether or not you are eligible to attempt this exam:
- The candidate must be a domiciled resident of the state of Jharkhand
- All streams of study have a common criterion that the candidate must have passed their class 12th board examination with minimum pass percentage as prescribed from a recognized institution under a recognized board like the CBSE.
- For the Agriculture program through JCECE, the lower and upper age limit of the candidates is 17-22, respectively, while there is no age limit for the other courses.
- Only medically fit candidates will be eligible for the exam for which a medical examination of the candidate will also be conducted.
- Candidates must have passed their class 12th board examination with a minimum aggregate score of 45% for General category and 40% for the Reserved category.
- The candidate must have finished their class 12th from the science stream with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and Mathematics and Biology being a choice according to the stream they opt for.
Can I still apply if I don’t have a domicile of Jharkhand?
Ans. If you don’t have a domicile of Jharkhand, but your parents do, then you can apply through theirs, otherwise not. You need to be a local or permanent resident of the state.