The preparation for the CAT exam 2020 is slightly different for the type of aspirants appearing. It has a division into two sections:
For first-time appearing aspirants Sol du Admission :
If you are going to attempt the CAT exam preparation tips for the first time, you can start with a full-time online course.
In this, the examining faculty will keep you updated about every aspect or changes in the CAT exam.
- They will also help you to better and efficiently understand the techniques, tips, and tricks of solving the question paper.
- The online course providers will also offer you study material and mock tests to assist you in your preparation.
- After completing your syllabus, you can take revision classes and doubt classes to clear all the concepts of the exam.
Career counseling in India
IMTS INSTITUTE ( NOIDA )
For reappearing aspirants:
If an aspirant fails to clear the CAT exam in the first attempt, he/she shouldn’t feel disheartened. Instead, give yourself another chance and start your preparation again after making a few changes.
- Firstly, analyze your weak and strong points in the syllabus.
- You can also take sectional tests available online.
- Try giving more and more mock tests to improve your practice score. Also, make sure you solve the previous year question papers of CAT.
- Make sure you give a minimum of 3-4 hours per day for the exam.
- Be consistent in your preparation. An aspirant needs at least 7-8 months of training to score well in the CAT exam.
You can always change the exam preparation plan according to your strengths, weaknesses, and capabilities. There are no fixed preparation criteria to clear the exam.
The application fee for general or OBC category students is INR 1900, while for the reserved category students (SC, ST, PWD), the fee is INR 950.
The admit card for the CAT exam will be available on the official website. The tentative date set for the availability of the admit card in October.
- Aspirants who have submitted their applications successfully can download the admit card by logging in to their account.
- After downloading the admit card, make sure all your details and information mentioned on it is correct.
- If there’s any mistake, contact the concerned authority to get it changed.
- If your admit card is fine with all the details, get a printout of it and make sure you carry it while going for the CAT exam.
The tentative date set for the conduct of the CAT exam is the month of November.
The results of the CAT exam expected a declaration in January. They will be out on the official website only.
CAT will get conducted in a total of 156 cities across India. It will hold in two different slots- morning and evening.